Milan Center Feed & Grain was founded in 1957 by Marvin Stieglitz, who began by selling bagged feed from their farm in Harlan, Indiana. Eventually, Marvin and Joan purchased a mill in Harlan and quickly outgrew the facility, prompting them to purchase the current location at 15402 Doty Rd, New Haven, IN, in 1963. In 1983 an additional building was added for retail space.
Marvin and Joan were active members of the business until November 2002, when Marvin unexpectedly passed away. Plans for new retail space were already underway for the reconstruction of the old Brueggeman Lumber Company, which burned the previous year. With the reconstruction completed, the new store was officially opened in June of 2004.
Two generations of Marvin and Joan’s family, bringing over 100 years of combined experience to the business, are still part of the 25+ member staff.
Our mission is to serve our friends and neighbors as the premier feed dealer and farm supply store, specializing in exceptional, personal service for our customers.
We will offer a full range of livestock and companion animal nutrition and supplies, equipment, and services to those who choose rural or city life. We will especially focus on the needs of those involved in livestock production, the care of companion animals, and property maintenance, including pasture and lawn.
We will conduct ourselves as an organization reflecting Christian principles, with a commitment to our customer base, desiring to show integrity in all of our relationships. Working together as a team, we will strive for excellence in products, services and endeavor to exhibit wisdom in our use of time, resources, and personnel as we meet the expectations of and provide products and services to our current, prospective and new customers.
Meet Our Staff
- Lynn StieglitzPresident/SalesExperience : 37 years
- Kathy BaumertOffice ManagerExperience : 6 years
- Jeremy StieglitzVice Pres./Mill ManagerExperience : 17 years
- Kelly NobleStore ManagerExperience : 8 years
- Joe BeerSales ManagerExperience : 3 years
- Brock TaylorWarehouse ManagerExperience : 2 years
- Connor BeerWarehouseExperience : 2 years
- Evan McCulforWarehouseExperience : 1 year
- Jacob SukupWarehouse
- Kenny DelagrangeDelivery DriverExperience : 51 years
- Edwin S. SchwartzDelivery DriverExperience : 22 years
- Noah BontragerDelivery Driver/Mill Tech.Experience : 6 years
- Trent EicherMill TechnicianExperience : 3 years
- Dallas HermannMill TechnicianExperience : 2 years